Memorial Hall, Harvard University
45 Quincy Street
Cambridge, MA 02138
This sumptuous, red oak theater is steeped in history and tradition. The theater’s superb acoustics and soaring ceiling give performances a majestic ambiance.
Sanders Theatre is located between Cambridge and Kirkland streets in Cambridge, a 5-minute walk from Harvard Square.
- From the North and South: Take I-93 to exit 26. Keep left at end of ramp and take underpass to Storrow Drive. Continue on Storrow Drive approximately 4 miles to Cambridge/Allston. Take the Harvard Square exit. Turn right at end of ramp onto John F. Kennedy Street. Harvard Square is approximately 1/2 mile straight ahead. The Coop is on the left, Out-of-Town News on the right. Continue forward on what is now Massachusetts Ave, stay in the middle lane. At the next light (Harvard Yard is on your right) stay to the right. Take the right under the underpass, follow signs toward Cambridge/Kirkland streets. Coming up from the underpass, the road splits, stay to the left. This will bring you to a traffic light with Memorial Hall/Sanders Theatre on your left and the firehouse on your right.
- From the West: Take I-90 East (Mass Turnpike) to exit 18 (Cambridge/Allston). Bear right after toll booth at end of exit ramp. Turn left after lights (before the bridge) onto Storrow Drive. Take Cambridge/Allston exit (1/2 mile ahead) and turn right at end of ramp onto John F. Kennedy Street. Harvard Square is approximately 1/2 mile straight ahead. Follow the directions from Harvard Square as listed above.
Take the MBTA Red Line to Harvard Square. Proceed down Massachusetts Avenue eastward and turn left onto Quincy Street. Sanders Theatre is at the corner of Quincy Street and Cambridge Street.
Take the #1 bus to Harvard Square. Proceed down Massachusetts Avenue eastward and turn left onto Quincy Street. Sanders Theatre is at the corner of Quincy Street and Cambridge Street.
Free parking is available at the Broadway Garage, located at the corner of Felton Street and Broadway.
Access for Patrons with Disabilities
Memorial Hall is wheelchair accessible. There are ramped entrances by both the Cambridge Street and Kirkland Street entries to the Transept. There is an elevator on the Cambridge Street side of the building.
- Wheelchair accessible seating is available in the Orchestra section of Sanders Theatre; Mezzanine and Balcony sections are not accessible.
- All restrooms are wheelchair accessible.
- Sanders Theatre is equipped with Sennheiser Infraport RI 100 J headset receivers and EZT induction neck loop Assistive Listening Devices, available one-half hour before performance time at The Box Office.
- The Harvard Box Office has a TTY line for hearing impaired patrons. The number is 617.495.1642.
- For information about parking for disabled patrons, call the University Disability Coordinator at 617.495.1859, or TTY 617.495.4801, Monday through Friday, 9 am-5 pm.