Arsenal Center for the Arts
321 Arsenal Street, Watertown
Redeveloped from a former army arsenal, the Arsenal Center for the Arts is a vibrant, multidisciplinary center serving the west side of the Charles River in Greater Boston and is home to many local cultural organizations.
Click here for more information on the Hamel Summer Series.
The Arsenal Center for the Arts is easily accessible from I-95/128, Routes 9, 16, 20, and 90 (Mass Pike), and the MBTA.
Take the Red Line to Central Square in Cambridge, then board the 70 or the 70A bus at the stop on the corner of Western Avenue. Ride into Watertown and get off at the School Street stop. Cross Arsenal Street at the crosswalk, turn left, then take the first right onto Kingsbury Street. The Arsenal Center for the Arts will be on your left.
- From Watertown Square: Take North Beacon Street towards the Arsenal on the Charles. At the first fork (about 100 yards), bear left onto Arsenal Street. After approximately one-half mile, you will pass through a traffic light at the intersection of School and Arsenal Streets (there will be a Lexus dealership on your left). Take the next right onto Kingsbury Avenue. The Arsenal Center for the Arts will be on your left, and the parking garage will be just ahead on your right.
- From Newton and Needham: Take Route 16 east towards Watertown. Follow Route 16 into Watertown Square, then turn right onto North Beacon Street. Follow the directions from Watertown Square (above). From the West Take the Mass Pike east and get off at Exit 17 (Newton/Watertown). At the second traffic light, turn left (over the Pike), and immediately get into the far right lane. Continue straight onto Galen Street and follow it for approximately one mile until it ends at Watertown Square. Turn right onto North Beacon Street then follow the directions from Watertown Square (above).
- From the North: Take 128/I-95 south, then the Mass Pike heading east. Follow the directions from the West (above).
- From the South: Take 128/I-95 north, then the Mass Pike heading east. Follow the directions from the West (above).
- From Boston: Take Storrow Drive west for approximately two miles, then bear left onto Soldier’s Field Road (near the Harvard Stadium). Exit at Arsenal Street, and turn right towards Watertown. Go past the Arsenal Mall and the first Arsenal on the Charles entrance, then take the next left onto Kingsbury Avenue. The Arsenal Center for the Arts will be on your left, and the parking garage will be just ahead on your right. From Harvard Square/Cambridge Follow Mt. Auburn Street from Harvard Square into Watertown. Bear left at the fork near Star Market, and continue on Mt. Auburn Street for approximately one mile to a traffic light at the intersection of Mt. Auburn and School Streets. Turn left onto School Street and follow it to the end, turn left (onto Arsenal Street), then take the next right onto Kingsbury Avenue. The Arsenal Center for the Arts will be on your left, and the parking garage will be just ahead on your right.
The Arsenal on the Charles complex has a centrally located 6 floor free parking garage, as well as a large number of ground level parking spots around the campus.
Access for Patrons with Disabilities
The Charles Mosesian Theater has elevator access to all floors. Wheelchair accessible seating is available in the first and last row of the theater. A limited number of spaces are reserved for handicap parking near the front entrance of the hall.